Bedrooms are cozy spaces for relaxation and rejuvenation. Bedroom spaces are varied is size. Depending on the same, a designer takes into consideration the space, the lighting and the fixtures that can make the space appear bigger, warmer, and more relaxing. While designing and styling a bedroom, we need to keep a lot of things in mind, such as colour, soft furnishings, textures, flooring, furniture etc. All these elements can all be tailored according to a client’s taste, while not compromising on the serenity and tranquility the space has to provide.
Studio Elements has varied expertise in designing small elegant bedrooms as well as large luxurious bed spaces. Trupti Puranik, head of Studio Elements and a celebrity designer, mentions that the style of the bedroom has to be in alignment with client’s demands and needs. The styles can vary; they can be modern style bedrooms to rustic style to country style bedrooms.
Here are a few bedroom design tips from Trupti:
- One of the first steps to a great interior design is having an efficient and well-designed bedroom floor plan that gives everything one wants – no matter how much space is available.
- The bedroom design has to look aesthetic as well as highly functional.
- One has to understand the client’s style; whether it is modern, simplistic or an elaborate style.
- Looking into the layout of the bedroom and lighting is also imperative.
- Understanding the outdoor landscape of the bedroom is also important so that the design blends with the natural landscape as well as the style of the client.
- Air circulation should be simple and the design should take into consideration that as the major factor.
- Bedrooms also should be designed such that the view from there should be inviting, warm and the view should be optimally utilized. The design should enhance the view rather than block it.
- Whatever said and done, bedrooms are fiercely private spaces and the design should mainly look into the privacy factor. Avoid designing a layout that looks in to the bedroom from the living room or the home entrance.
- Depending on the space layout, some bedrooms have balconies that help merge the outdoors with the indoors. Creating an eclectic design that merges both and does not create a jarring effect is very important. All spaces should be utilized as well as should have functional value.
- An architect or designer should make sure that the furniture layout for bedroom leaves enough space beside the bed for nightstands and ample circulation so that one can access three sides of the mattress.
- Natural light should be enhanced in such a space rather than creating more artificial lighting. Color palettes of the bedroom should be soft, warm colors that allows one to relax rather than bright exuberant ones.
- Decorating a bedroom should take into consideration the wall color, the floor plan, floor type etc. Soft furnishings add comfort, style and color whereas beautiful window throws are luxurious and warm.
“There is no size, style that fits all. It all depends on each client and their ask” she emphasizes.